What to bring on cruise port days … that’s the big question! Well I’m going to give you my cruise tips on what you should pack on “dry” port days and “wet” port days.
You may have your day in port all planned out, or you may not. If you know you’ll be going to the beach, or to a cenote, or somewhere that involves water make sure to bring the items below!
• Tote bag or backpack (waterproof bags work well too!)
• Waterproof Sunblock that you know works well! Keep in mind if you’re doing an excursion on a boat you’ll need lotion not spray as they don’t usually allow the spray type sunblock on the boat.
• Dry clothing
• Towels (your own towels or towels from the ship, but if you use ship towels don’t lose them or they’ll charge you for them!)
• Hat (floppy and/or visor)
• Snorkeling equipment
• Credit Card(s)
• Shipboard card
• ID or Driver’s License
• Waterproof housing for your phone and/or camera
• Battery pack or power bank for your phone
• Extra camera batteries/ SD card
• Medication you may need for the day (prescription, anti-diarrheal, tums, tylenol, advil)
• SPF Lipbalm
• Bug spray
• Snacks (prepackaged and sealed items like energy bars)
• Water (at least one bottle to do you until you get to your destination)
• Water shoes or sandals
• Extra contacts and eye drops for dry eyes
Of course you can bring more but remember, you have to carry this bag all day long and the walk to and from the cruise ship can be a long one.